Monday, March 31, 2008

Captain and Lemonade



Captain Morgan Lemonade is one of my favorite cocktails to make for a party for two reasons: (1) Most people have never heard of such a thing (2) Even guys like it.

I tried to change the recipe up a little this time. Normally I mix Captain Morgan, lemonade and grenadine. This time I decided to try substituting the grenadine with raspberry liquer. It worked out very very well! The grenadine gives it a pretty pink color, but the raspberry liquer is not as sweet.

I don't have a set recipe for it. The amounts vary depending on who I am making it for. Generally it stays around this:

Recipe:

Fill a pitcher 1/3 up with Captain Morgan, add a splash of raspberry liquer, then fill the rest with lemonade.

1 comment:

blah said...

Ooo I must try this!