Thursday, April 10, 2008

Everything is better on a stick!




My mom had given me the idea of making antipasto on a stick for my next party. I always love the idea of turning regular food into finger food! I probably had too much fun making these... the entire time I was making them I could not stop thinking of the conversation from "There's Something About Mary" when they talk about how there should be more meat on sticks. I laughed to myself a little too much about it.
These were probably one of the easiest appetizers I have made in quite some time. Another good part about them is you can use very good ingredients or cheap ingredients depending on what you need them for.

Ingredients for Skewers:
Pepperoni
Salami
Grape Tomatoes
Roasted Red Peppers
Green Olives
Black Olives
Mozzarella Cheese

Cut the pepperoni, salami, and mozzarella (if needed) into chunks. Add one of each item onto a bamboo skewer, add extra if there is room left over. Arrange on a tray and drizzle with dressing.

Dressing:

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

I would recommend making this a little bit ahead of time so the vinaigrette has time to soak into the antipasto.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Those look really, really good!

Inspired Kara said...

love love love this idea

Jen said...

Yummy! Love these ingredient, and I'll have to try this for a party. Thanks for the comment on my taco pizza recipe. I look forward to checking out more of your blog!