Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms





During the week I like to try to cook with what I have in my fridge and cupboards. I usually have a decent amount of stuff to choose from, and love to try to make a dish out of what I think sounds good. I am usually making it for just myself, so if it doesn't turn out so well no one knows. My most recent attempt was stuffed mushrooms. I saw these ingredients in my kitchen; portobello mushrooms, jar of roasted red peppers, fresh spinach, zucchini, and cream cheese. I mixed those ingredients (either the amount that I had left or what looked like a good amount) with some bread crumbs and seasonings and baked them. Results: good, but not great... possibly too much cream cheese!

3 comments:

readsalot said...

I just found a recipe for stuffed mushrooms that includes goat cheese, yum! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Unknown said...

I just came across you blog I really enjoyed reading you post. Everything is so cute!

Al Bundy said...

thanks for stopping by!